Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Veggie Socks

I finished the grandmother-in-law socks, also dubbed the Veggie Socks. For those of you knitting nerds, here are the stats: 2.5 mm circular knitting needle, Patons Stretch Socks in Plum. It's made for a size 7 (I hope) foot with a slipped stitch every 4th stitch to create columns. I think I'm going to enter them in the Laramie County Fair, then mail them off to their chosen recipient.
My next pair of socks are for my sister and are in another Patons sock yarn, the one on the right from a prior post. I think I'm going to do the Bubble Wrap pattern again as I really liked the look.


I have finished the top of the baby Thomas quilt, I just have to decide on the back and how I'm gonna quilt it. I'm thinking of using a girly pink flannel and tying at the corners with pink embroidery floss. I also need to think about another baby girl quilt as my "stash" girl quilt has a new owner. One of the guys at work is a proud father, again.

Today is July 7, yes, July 7 and the weather never hit the 60's today and it was overcast and sprinkled a time or two. Seriously? in July, in Wyoming? We don't get a long enough summer as it is and we have to lose several days to cool weather. And apparently the people at work don't get it and turn down the air conditioning when it's cooler. I wore my coat over a long sleeve shirt today at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment