Thursday, June 3, 2010

Knitting, Knitting, and more Knitting

These are the Sherbet Socks. And here are the stats for the interested folks. Size 1 (2.5mm) needles, menehune cobblestones pattern, ella rae Lace Merino in color 104 (that'd be the fancy yarn). It took approximately 5 weeks to knit them up, granted, I didn't work on them very steady. And I probably have enough left over to make another set of socks.
I was gonna show a picture of the ones I'm working on now, the Grandma-in-law socks, but the pictures were rather blurry. I'm toying with naming them Veggie Socks because when I look at the colors, I think of veggies.....carrot, celery, beet and spinach. Check out the plum colorway here. Does that not remind you of veggies?!
OK, maybe it's just me :)
My sister (as well as my grandma-in-law and eldest daughter) are purple lovers. I found a bunch of purples and couldn't decide which would be the best my for sister, so I bought them all, HA! The middle one is self-striping. The one of the left looks to be more of a dark purple, where the others are plum-ish. Leave me a comment and tell me which you prefer....all 4 of you blog readers!

1 comment:

  1. My vote is the Paton on the right. It looks soooo rich!

    ReplyDelete