Friday, September 4, 2009

Trains & Chickens

I've gotta take you back to December 2007. My friend, Heidi, and I went shopping for fabric to make a quilt for her step-son. It was a rather complicated quilt with lots of little pieces. There were doors that opened to reveal trains underneath. I snuck in a few with chickens as I'm "Jeri with the chickens", hence the quilt's name. Fast forward to August 2009, I *finally* got it done and it looks great and he hadn't outgrown trains, thank heavens since it took so long to do it! Here's a pic of the finished thing...the doors actually open and close. It's got little train buttons as well.As a thank you, she got me a Reversible Quilts book; it's way neat-o! Now I'm gonna try making a reversible baby quilt. It seems I have an abundant amount of family/friends that are expecting babies in the next few months.

On a totally different note, my husband is cleaning his gun at the kitchen table which also serves as my craft table. I'm unable to sew on anything right now and he sure is stinkin' up the place with whatever cleaning fluids he's using.

No comments:

Post a Comment