Monday, September 28, 2009

Ah, the dry air!

After coming back home to Wyoming, I now appreciate it much more. I love the dry air, minimal traffic and being able to see the horizon. A fellow engineer from college who is now in the Atlanta area took me out one night. She showed me downtown with all the big buildings, one way streets and crazy traffic. We ate at an authentic southern food tea room, Mary Mac's Tea Room. I had chicken and dumplings with cheese grits. I managed to get home without a hitch. I even got a window seat on the way home and nobody in the seat next to me. Then I had to drive back from Denver. Heck, I'd already put in my eight hours by the time I got back to Cheyenne at a little after 10 on Friday morning. It was so wonderful to see my girls and hubby again. I think Anna was the most happy to see me.

And I learned my husband doesn't listen to me. He apparently thought I was in Arizona the whole time!

After 5 days away from my sewing machine, I've been back at it. I'll be posting my latest project soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment