Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Spinsterhood

I had mentioned that the dogs are shedding quite profusely. Maggie has taken on a unique appearance. Notice the legs and underside are completely winter-coat free; however, the top is long and shaggy and it looks like she has roots from a long grown out dye job. You can pull some of the hair out in clumps. I'm sure if I took all the dog hair out of the vacuum I could create a whole new dog!

I had made this purse about a month ago and am just getting around to finally taking a picture and posting it. I have made two others from the same pattern, one was a flowered one and one was a Christmas gift. I think this one is so "me" with the western print fabric. And it's nice and roomy for all my junk, I mean.... necessities!

This is the project on the Veggie Socks for my Grandma-in-law. I'm ready to start the heel on this sock and I just finished the toe on its mate. I found a willing participant who wears a size 7 shoe in another department at work that was willing to try on my partial sock, so I would know I was making it the correct size.
Tonight begins my 4 days of spinsterhood. Jeremy took off with both girls to go to Glendo for a week of too much sun, not enough sleep and tons of fishing. Papa and Uncle Wade are gonna be there too. Grandma's going up sometime later, hopefully she'll keep everybody in line! I'll be headed up this weekend. So....what have I done with my free time tonight? A little garden weeding, a little ironing, a little blogging and after I'm done, a little knitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment