Wednesday, June 2, 2010

One, One, Two, Two

As I was clearing off the table and doing dishes after dinner, I heard something that warmed the cockles of my heart, so to speak. I hear little voices counting. I look in the living room and Grace and Anna are sitting next to each other on the floor. Grace is counting puppies and kitties in a book and Anna is repeating the numbers after her. Then I hear Grace "reading" a book she has memorized to Anna. Then it quickly escalated into Anna taking the book away, Grace saying, "No, mine" and tears and wailing from both girls. In a few minutes when all was calm again, they run off to Grace's room and I hear Grace say, "Come on, Anna, lets go take all our clothes off." Life sure wouldn't be nearly as entertaining without my little monkeys!

Our weather has finally turned more toward summer weather. The flowering trees are nearly done with their beautiful displays and the lilacs are starting to bloom now. And the dogs are shedding in full force.

I finished what I'm dubbing my "Sherbet Socks." The name suggestion came from a good friend and I think it's a great descriptor. I will be posting a picture soon. I have now started what I'm gonna call my Grandma-in-law socks for now. My mother-in-law bought the purplish yarn and told me that her mom would love a pair of hand knit socks. I'm going with a simple slip stitch pattern that leaves columns in the socks, very subtle. Just what I'm going for with these multi-colored socks.

And now I have diaper/underwear clad girls running around my house, giggling like mad women!

No comments:

Post a Comment