Monday, June 14, 2010

Lakes, Cleanin', Horses

I was supposed to join Jeremy and the girls at the lake during the weekend. I dutifully monitored the weather all week....and come Friday the weekend was supposed to be rainy and 45°. So I decided I'd rather not sit in his parent's camper all weekend in the cold, wet weather. The weather report turned out to be correct. I don't think it ever got above 50° all weekend and last I checked we had over 1.5 inches of rain in the rain guage.

I managed to be a decluttering fool. I actually found the floor in my closet and Grace's closet. Anna's happens to be a storage area for all my crafty crap, so not much luck there, unfortunately. I found gobs of stuff to donate to Goodwill, toys, games that aren't played with, old clothes and shoes of mine. And it's wonderful to actually be able to step into my closet again.

Everybody had a good time at the lake, even with the rain and yuck. Grace drove the boat all by herself. Of course, her dad and Papa were there making sure she didn't sink it. It sure was nice to have some time alone, but I sure did miss everybody!

Jeremy confided in me that while he was at the lake he did some thinking. He's thinking about selling the horses and possibly looking into getting a camper. As a camper would be used more and could be used all year round, who wants to ride a horse in the dead of winter even on a sunny, windless day. (Do we ever have those here?) Lately he's been a fishing fool, and he'd rather have the camper than the horses. We did some wishin' and lookin' on Craigslist. But first we gotta sell the horses...

No comments:

Post a Comment