Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Waiting and Lost Things


Several weeks ago, we ordered bunk beds for the girls and matching dressers for Jeremy and me. We knew it would take a month or so to get here, so now we are just waiting. Jeremy's on long change and out of projects to tinker on, he was hoping they'd be here, so he could put the bunk beds together. Instead he's making me raised beds for the garden. Hopefully by raising them up and filling them with topsoil, the weeds won't become the devil as in previous years. And I can plant a week or so earlier!

The so called "big dogs" had a habit of running off for a few days, then coming back, staying a day or two and be gone again. As usual, this happened, but this time they didn't come back and didn't come back. Jeremy decided to check the Animal Shelter. They'd been picked up by animal control about 5 miles from our house. Ace had already been adopted and Maggie was in the process of being adopted. We decided to not even try to get them back as we're bad pet parents for letting them run off all the time anyway. So now we are down to Clyde, the 7 lb Chihuahua.

Since Anna's getting promoted to a twin bed soon, I thought I'd better get in gear and make her a twin size quilt for her new bed. I did this for Grace too. So I picked a pattern and fabric and this is how far I've gotten so far.

Not far, as you see!

No comments:

Post a Comment