Saturday, February 27, 2010

Names

Awhile back, my mother-in-law gave me the letters to the girl's names and pretty paper to decoupage on them. I've had them done for some time and here they are. On Anna's it looks like I missed placing some on the edges, that was done of purpose. I painted the letter a purple color, then tore the paper pieces and glued them on. Right now it's sitting on some furniture in her room; however, I may hang them as Grace's looks cool the way it's hung up.

And here's Grace's on her freshly painted white walls. (Got rid of the hideous green, finally!) Sorry, Grandma, but the bluish/greenish paisley didn't really match anymore, so I found a blue western print that goes more with her quilt. She said she would have preferred flowers on her name, oh well!
Jeremy and Grace are out ice fishing with Grandpa Y and Uncle Wade. I just got a text of Gracie holding a big ol' trout with a big ol' grin on her face. We might have to fry him up for dinner.
Got our tidy sum of a tax return back. Jeremy wants to get himself a 2 man pontoon boat...but I have it earmarked for paying off some credit cards. Got that done today and it feels SO good! Only a few more things to go before we pay off everything but the mortgage, so there you go Dave Ramsey....
I *finally* got my nook to connect to our wireless internet at our home. Come to find out I was using the wrong password string. No more sitting in the parking lot of Sierra Trading Post using their free wi-fi and downloading books!

1 comment:

  1. The letters look great! When I got the paper I didn't know you were going to paint so my choices were just a guess. Looked for something western but had no luck. So glad to hear the fish will be for supper and not hanging on Gracie's wall!

    ReplyDelete