Sunday, February 21, 2010

Monkey backs and dog feet

There're rumors that a coworker's wife is pregnant. Since I started the tradition of giving baby quilts to those lucky babies, I figured I ought to check my stash. Only one quilt and it's very definitely 'girly'. So I tried to make this one as gender neutral as possible. I backed it with flannel with little monkeys on it. It turned out better than I was thinking.

There are days at work where my 'mouse' hand just freezes. There was one of those days last week, so I decided to knit up a handwarmer. After googling to see how to knit up a basic one, I whipped this one out in about 4 days. I only made one as I don't need one for the left hand. I'm kind of excited to wear it...how silly is that!
We're been getting snow on and off for the last 4 days. Since the ugly 4 letter W word hasn't been blowing, it's been so pretty out there....softening all those features and making it look like winter again.
We were coming down the driveway from town yesterday and Ace was hung up in the front yard fence. His foot was tangled in the top of the chainlink. After disentangling him and much licking on Ace's part, Jeremy checked it out and determined it didn't need immediate attention. Ace seems to be just fine today. Hopefully this will stop him from jumping the fence. However, that doesn't seem to be the case, as I found him outside the fence when I let them in for kibble this morning...oh well. :(
My latest obsession is knitting socks lately. I have a pair on my needles and one on my sock loom. I may restart the one on my loom, because I think it's too big around. I've been scouring the internet looking at sock patterns and blogs and techniques. I just wish I could whip them up a little faster.

1 comment:

  1. Cute quilt! And by the way, you can put my name on the 'sock list'!

    ReplyDelete