Sunday, October 2, 2011

Back to Work

Today is my last day of maternity leave; I go back to work tomorrow.  I am really not looking forward to joining the land of the working.  I SO enjoyed staying home with Leah and doing laundry whenever I wanted to, and grocery shopping whenever I wanted to.  And I really would rather sit on the couch with Leah to breastfeed than pump in a cubicle in the bathroom at work. 

And I know my time breastfeeding her is gonna be shortlived.  I can already feel the RA pain coming back in my feet and hands.  I can't nurse while I'm taking my medication.  One day last week I knit a bit too much and I'm still dealing with the pain and swelling.  I have an appointment with my rheumatologist the end of October and I have doubts I'll make it that long.

I best go make sure my lunchbox is ready to go and my pump is ready to go and hope and pray Leah lets me sleep good tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I hope it goes well. I'll be thinking about you. Your girls are so lucky to have a mom who loves them enough to pump through RA pain in a public restroom. You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete