Thursday, January 6, 2011

Readin'


I just finished reading "The Last Song" by Nicolas Sparks. Because it's Nicolas Sparks, you know it's going to be a good read and you know it'll make you cry. This was the case for this book. At least the crying didn't come until very near the end and I was safely ensconced in bed, crying my eyes out. Now onto "Into the Wild" by Jon Krakauer; a true story about an educated young man giving up everything and living in the wild. Of course, I've been reading these on my nook, which I so love! You can adjust the font size and you don't have to hold a book open, so it works awesome at the gym, I can walk and read at the same time.

I'm nearly done with the body of Anna's sweater.

The sweater has now become Grace's as the size is way too big for Anna. All I have left is the sleeves. I did a gauge swatch, honest, but we all know gauge swatches lie, they lie horribly! It will eventually become Anna's…..in a couple of years. J

I'm starting a batch of Amish Friendship Bread tomorrow. I figure if I start it tomorrow it will be all ready to bake by next Sunday. I plan to bake it all up and freeze it. Usually nobody will take the "friendship" cups of starter, so I'm not gonna let it go to waste. I may even bring in some baked bread to share with my coworkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment