Saturday, January 8, 2011

First Weekly Meal Plan


My first go at a weekly meal plan. Since I usually do my grocery shopping on Saturdays, my week will begin there.
Saturday: ham, sweet potatoes, veggie
Sunday: corn chowder, rolls
Monday: rib steak, potatoes, veggie
Tuesday: Hawaiian chicken, brown rice, veggie
Wednesday: grilled ham sandwiches, french fries
Thursday: broiled fish, salad, veggie
Friday: leftovers

Some of these things were in the freezer (ham, rib steak) that we wanted to eat up before we forgot about them and they got freezer burnt.  I realize some of these things may not be the best for our Mayo Clinic Diet (ham, rib steak J )

Breakfasts will be yogurt, fruit, toast, and homemade poptarts (for the girls to take for pre-breakfast at preschool). Lunches for Jeremy and I will be leftovers.

With the Mayo Clinic Diet there's a 2 week plan where, if you adhere to certain guidelines, you should lose 6-10 pounds in those weeks. I think the hardest will be no sugar except that found naturally in fruit. The others will be easy enough, 30 minutes of activity, no eating out, lots of fruit and veggies, whole grain, avoiding fats, no snacking except fruit and veggies. Aaaaaaaaaaaaand here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment