Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Big Horns

We took our camper, my father-in-law and our fishing poles and headed to the Big Horn Mountains for an extended weekend.  Due to the high fire danger, we couldn’t have a campfire.  S’mores over a propane grill just aren’t the same, although we all didn’t smell like a campfire either.  The evening entertainment is to go down 14A and look for moose, elk and deer.  One night we saw a bunch of moose, about 9 total, if I remember right.  Two days later all we saw was one.  I have a theory that the moose put on a show on the weekend and remain hidden during the week.

We also saw a bear by my grandma’s cabin.  I don’t know if you can say it was in the "wild" though; he was happily munching on trash from Bear Lodge.

We celebrated Leah’s birthday on Saturday.  Her first year just seemed to fly by and I think about the differences from a year ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment