Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Garden Goodies

Some of the first things to come from our garden.  And some of the peas didn't make it from the garden to the house, a-hem.
Then I hear from some of my Facebook friends how much they are getting from their garden and get disappointed that this is all I'm getting.  But then I remember our growing season is very short and I do live at 6000 feet or so above sea level....so I think I'm not doing so bad.  The beans will be ready in a few days and I noticed we have tassels getting ready to emerge on the corn.

Jeremy has an uncle who's health is failing pretty quickly.  He's off in San Antonio, Texas, with his dad helping get the uncle's affairs in order and visiting with his uncle.  He left on Friday and is supposed to be back Friday or so.  So this is the day I say kudos to all those single parents...How in the world do they do it?  The girls are asking about him all the time and miss him terribly, as I do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment