Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sunset Socks

I took my Sherbet Socks into the county fair and lol and behold, I got a first place!  My mother in law suggested I enter them in the State Fair.  However, they don't release the exhibits until later on Saturday afternoon, when we had already planned to be in Douglas.  I'm going to enter the recently completed My Sister's Sunset Socks.  For those of you who care about the stats:  2.25mm needle, Bubble Wrap pattern, took exactly one month to make with Patons Kroy Socks FX color "Cameo Colors"  I started another sock, but this one is hush-hush for now.


I've also been the crazy canning lady.  So far I've canned apple cinnamon syrup, applesauce and peaches.  I also plan on canning dill pickles, peach butter, carrots, and beans except I have run out of jars and do not have any dill.  However, I will be gathering both from my mother in law this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment