Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Applesauce

One of the offerings in one of the recent Bountiful Baskets was a box of Gala apples.  I decided to make it all into applesauce.  My pot wasn't big enough so I made several batches.  It took me a bit (and a little help from Jeremy) to figure out my apple peeler, corer, slicer.  The first batches had some peel, or a lot of peel, so I used my ricer do-hicky to get the peel out.  Of course this made it rather smooth.  The last few batches I ensured there was very little peel and made chunky applesauce.  Then I mixed them together and put it in quart jars.  Being lazy, I decided to freeze instead of can it.
chunky in the pot

all the applesauce mixed together

jarred up
It made 6 quarts and a pint.  Darn tasty, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment