Monday, April 8, 2013

In Which I Made a Few Things

I have been busy making a few things this weekend that I wanted to share with my faithful 5 blog readers.  I got a flat of strawberries in my latest Bountiful Basket and made some strawberry butter.
This is only part of it, I had to can in two batches because my canner wasn't big enough.  Turned out pretty darn tasty if you ask me...a-hem!

In one of the Taste of Home magazines I was browsing through had a freezer slaw recipe.  We like coleslaw around here, so I thought I'd give it a try.
It was pretty tasty as I taste tested before I put it in the jars.  We'll see how it is after it comes out of the freezer.

I also made, but forgot to take a picture before it was gone, some ham/lentil stew thing.  My mother-in-law had given us the ham bone and residual ham at Easter.  I'm not fond of Jeremy's ham and beans so I thought I'd do something myself.  I put about 1/2 lb of lentils, chicken stock, cut up potatoes and carrots in the crock pot and set it on high with the bone...Jeremy gave it rave reviews, the girls were, as usual, hesitant to eat it.

1 comment: