Monday, March 19, 2012

Apples

Cheyenne has *Finally* got a Bountiful Baskets site.  This week there was loads of good stuff, check it out.
If anybody knows what that yellowish thing in the back center is, lemme know, will ya?  I think it's some sort of fruit as it was with the rest of the fruit.  I also need some ideas for cabbage, there's 2 heads in there.  I also split a box of apples with one of my friends.  Then I did this yesterday.

I figured I peeled, cored and sliced 40 apples to get 2 quarts of chunky applesauce and 6 pints of apples with cinnamon.  Today my wrists and neck hurts...*whine, whine, complain, complain*  I still have around 30 apples to do something with...any suggestions?  I know they'll go bad before we can eat all of them.

Oh, and Happy Birthday to my mother-in-law....Happy 35th, Deb!  hehe

1 comment:

  1. Yellow thing looks like some kind of melon. Cabbage - try cabbage rolls and they freeze well for quick meals. Non-mayo slaw will keep in the fridge for a long time - it will kind of pickle and gets better with time. Will keep in the fridge for weeks just as it is. Just trim dark edge and use - store well wrapped.
    The apples are beautiful! If I had known I have an apple peeler!
    And by the way -- it's 30!

    ReplyDelete