Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Middle of October, already...


Wow, life has been passing us by. I looked at the calendar a few weeks ago and asked myself, "Where the heck did September go?" I'm looking at the calendar again wondering, "How did it get to be nearly the middle of October, already?" And long time, no blog.

I have been busily sewing Grace's Halloween costume. After unsuccessfully finding a suitable witch costume, I found a super easy pattern for a basic dress. She picked out some pinkish/purplish fabric and I commenced sewing. It was pretty quick and decent looking, however, it was HUGE! After some alterations, it was proclaimed to be a witch dress. I found some fun fabric, shimmery purple with spiderwebs on it, and on sale, for the cape. Then we found out she cannot be a witch for the Halloween party at her preschool, too scary for all the kids. So she's going to be a witch when we're trick-or-treating and a princess at preschool. All we needed to buy was a crown and a magic wand!

Anna is going as a monkey for trick-or-treating and a ladybug to preschool. The only reason she has two is because the monkey outfit it heavy and warm, not something she can wear indoors all day long.

Since Grace's costume was fun, I decided to make the girls some jammies with a pattern I had. The jammies are turning out very cute, but I got a very sore shoulder. It feels exactly like how my RA feels before I went on medication. Of course, it's the right shoulder. I figger it must be the way I hold my arm when I'm sewing un-straight lines. I never have problems when I work on quilts….So I'm taking it slower on the finishing touches on the jammies.

I got to work on Monday, with a sore shoulder, cranky kids that weekend, and non high-quality sleep, only to be given the news that a coworker had passed away on Saturday very unexpectedly. It sure makes you stop and think…about life insurance, living life to the fullest, enjoying every minute with the ones you love.  He was only 54. Rest in Peace, Ken, I'll miss the chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment