Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'm back

Wow, I know I’ve been gone a long time! To catch you up….I went to Park City, Utah (where the 2002 Winter Olympics were held) for a week for a National Hydraulic Engineering Conference. The resort the conference was at was, wow!, pretty classy. It’s the off season, so the rooms were reasonable and it was pretty deserted. In hindsight, I should have taken the family as Jeremy took off work to watch the girls while I was gone.  Here's a shot of part of the resort.


My parents came up for a visit last weekend. It sure was nice to see them since they live so far away and we don’t have the best accommodations. Sorry for the air mattress on the floor, Mom and Dad.

I’ve had some proud moments on the Mommy front lately. After preschool one day, Grace came to me and said, “Mommy, watch me write my name.” And she did an Excellent job. I have also heard her saying her Pledge of Allegiance. New daycare/preschool is doing great things for her! And then I’ve been halfheartedly trying to potty-train Anna all summer. I put her in undies and tell her to not get them wet. The other day she was running around the house in her undies and told me she had to potty. We ran to the bathroom and we both heard the tinkles and Anna got lots of praise and some candy for doing such a good job. I hope she’s like Grace and once the deed was actually done, it was a downhill slide to complete potty training from there.

And you gotta have the Burger Queen shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment