Sunday, February 7, 2010

Nook, nook, nook

I got my nook last Thursday. It wasn't supposed to ship until mid February, so I was pretty glad to see it! Unfortunately, I'm having trouble connecting with our wireless, so that's kinda bumming me out. I went to Barnes and Noble and had no problems there....now I gotta find some whiz who knows what I'm doing wrong. Anyway the covers are pretty expensive, so I whipped up my own this afternoon. It turned out not too shabby, if I do say so myself. It's lined and has some batting to make it nice and cozy, and has a flap to keep it in there.

Here's the *finally* finished quilt for our room. I made some matching pillowcases. I tied it in the corners and the center of the 4-patch. And the backing is just some plain ol' muslin. Sure looks better than the 7 year old yellow and blue beast that was on there. Blue, huh, must be a theme, LOL!
I found the girls in the bathroom today. Anna had her pants off and Grace was "teaching" her how to use the potty. The diaper was still on and both of them were standing up, but it was entirely too cute....Grace teaching her sister something important, like how to use the potty!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know how you like your Nook! I've been thinking about it, but don't know if I can actually part with adding more books to my shelves and swaping with my mom and sister!

    ReplyDelete